When it comes to
Diabetic Dessert Recipes
trying to figure what is right to eat can be overwhelming. Just the word diabetic or diabetic diet can become frustrating thinking about limitations. That is not how you should be thinking.
Too many restrictions on what you eat once diagnosed with diabetes
Sugar is the cause diabetes
Alright, these are all fiction and here is why:
- You can no longer have your favorite foods – Unless told otherwise, there is no reason to give up your favorite foods but there are things you can try. How you prepare food will have to change as well as some of the sides that normally would go with the meal. Smaller portions of food will help as well. You favorite foods can be incorporated in your meals with the help of a dietitian.
- Too Many restrictions on what you eat once diagnosed with diabetes - Yes meals will need to planned along with your blood sugar levels, how active you are and your medication. All of this factored in is how you will plan your food intake. Will there be some changes that need to take place? Simply, probably.
- Sugar is the cause diabetes – Well if that is not the cause what is? No one really knows, but too much sugar is highly unlikely to be the cause. What is known is that something goes off in the body causing the body to change how food is turned to energy.The body brakes down most of the food into glucose and insulin is made in the pancreas which helps the cells in the body. The glucose is like fuel for the body. As medical professionals know, as of now there are 3 types of diabetes:
- Type I – normally children are diagnosed with this and some do grow out of it.
- Type II – When there is issue with there not being enough insulin produced – worse if overweight.
- Gestational diabetes – This happens during pregnancy in some women where the hormones change and the insulin is not working as it should. Many times after child birth, things go back to normal
Other fiction out there are that carbohydrates are bad for you, on the contrary they are probably one of the best ways to help regulate sugar levels, which will need to be checked after you eat them. Often times people think protein is better than carbohydrates, this is not the case. Depending on what the source of protein is such as meats, they can have a lot of fat causing a diabetic to have further health issues. Again a dietician can help with this so you can so diabetic dessert recipes can be included as well. Which comes to the final piece diabetic fiction.
You can no longer have deserts! Absolutely false! This is where a bit of creativity comes into your diabetic dessert recipes. The use of artificial sweeteners has proven to be a lifesaver for diabetics. Also if you follow you diet plan you can reward yourself along with eating desserts that have more nutritional value. You will find some great recipes on this site that will help with this.